Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Group, New Adventure

Without fail, I always get a little nervous before I head back to Haiti.  Not afraid nervous, more like anxious.  Excited to get there, wondering what the trip will be like.  Every trip has been so different that it is hard to expect anything.

I'm excited to let you know that I am officially going back to Haiti for an extended time.  I will be working with Victory Compassion (a group from a church in Tulsa, Oklahoma) where I will serving as their Administrator.

What I love about this opportunity is that I will be able to do what I've already been doing, but on a larger scale.  I will continue to develop relationships with other organizations so we can reach more people and assist in the coordination of teams that come from across the United States.  It is very exciting for me to be a part of this and to be able to visit my dear friends in the village I've been working on at the same time.



During my trip in December, I spent a few days with this group and their Pastor kept teasing me about coming to work with them.  He even announced it was happening at dinner before we had really talked about it.  While all this was happening, my sister sent me an email with a verse (not knowing the conversation) from Matthew.

Matthew 25:21 (NLT)
"The master was full of praise.  'Well done, my good and faithful servant.  You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities.  Let's celebrate together!'"

How amazing is that?

My parents and I recently visited my sister Rachel and her boyfriend, Joel at the church I attended when I lived in the Lansing area.  The last song of the service was a rock version of my favorite hymn - How Great Thou Art.  I started singing and then I couldn't keep myself together.  I just wept, tears streaming down my face as I tried to sing.  Tears of joy that I get to live this crazy - yet amazing - life.

I am so grateful for this new adventure and know I am exactly where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment