Thursday, May 24, 2012

Visiting Friends

Thursday night was so fun!  We got to visit my friend Franck at his house with his wife, Fanta, her sister and her mother.  Marty and Kevin came with me to spend time with them. Fanta made us a dinner of Pumpkin Soup, a traditional soup served on New Year's Day and special occasions.  After a tour of the house, Fanta gave me a pineapple as a gift for visiting.  This was a favorite night in Haiti for me.  I loved working with Franck.  He is so talented and to be able to spend this short time with him and his family in their home was a complete blessing.

Afterwards, we stopped by to see my friend Jeanilia who I also worked with at Victory.  She makes amazing rice and beans.  While Franck speaks Haitian Creole and English, Jeanilia speaks Haitian Creole and Spanish.  I wish I could have spent more time with her, but we had to head back to the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment