Saturday, March 24, 2012

Village Visit

What a humbling day.  I was excited to take the team to the village, but overwhelmed upon arrival all the same.

Before the team headed out, I gave them a brief orientation of the village and the history.  I got emotional just talking about it.  Sometimes I forget how big of a part of my life they have been the last year.

When we arrived, the kids said hello and then the bombs were dropped on me.  Digicel came out and took away their only solar light on Tuesday, then Molive Mesifort's abusive ex-husband came back and assaulted her in the middle of the night.  I was completely overwhelmed.

The team started the program for the kids and I went for a walk on my own.  Cassandra followed me and I'm so glad she did.  I sat and cried behind the latrines and she came to find me.  Her words were encouraging and then she prayed with me.  I feel so honored to know her and to have the opportunity to work alongside her.

The kids loved the program, then the team distributed giant bags of food for each family.  Amazing.

I don't know if the team realizes what a blessing they have been.  Their food delivery was truly an answer to the desperate prayers of the people in the village.


Sulie (from Canadian Team) and Nerlande

The girls playing with their new toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment