Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Free Day

Free day!

Ok, so not exactly a free day, but I did get to spend it doing the thing I love most in Haiti...working at Village de Nouvelle Vie!

The Paraguayans came to pick me up around 11am.  They were supposed to come first thing, but made some adjustments so we had more freedom.  We went to the border to extend the paper for Floyd (the van) to remain in Haiti.  It wasn't as busy as market day, but there were still a lot of people and vehicles.  Carlitos and I walked from the line since we weren't actually crossing the border.  The road was flooded and disgusting.  Mixed with the lake water it smelt bad and my new sandals became water shoes.  After the transaction, we did get to stop and take a few photos.  I couldn't believe it was my first time after all those border trips!

Headed to the village for business and meetings.  I love using the gifts God gave me to do things for people I have come to know and love.  I'm so blessed.

Emily and Carlos - my Paraguayan Dad
Emily and Carlitos - my brother



No comments:

Post a Comment